Aiguille de la Grande Sassiere

In 2011 I climbed the Aiguille de la Grande Sassiere (3747m). I began from Lac de Tignes (2086m) at 3am and had to descend approximately 300m to Lac du Chevril (1794m) before I could begin the climb proper! From the Lac du Chevril it was a gradual climb to the summit of the Aiguille de la Grand Sassiere (1950m height gain!). I was stood on the summit at 7:30am and was feeling good. From the summit there was a full panoramic view of the surrounding area, which was outstanding at that time in the morning. After descending from the summit the snow started to soften just before I stepped off the glacier, which was a good indicator.

The Petite Sassiere viewed from the summit slope
 of the Grande Sassiere 

Grande Sassiere (3747m)

The view from the summit of the Aiguille de la
Grande Sassiere (3747m)

Approaching the summit of the Grande Sassiere